The Tech-Infused Classroom for Special Education: A Guide for Success
Transform your teaching strategies and cultivate a dynamic classroom culture in a tech-infused environment! Our goal is to equip you with the skills and techniques necessary to meet the needs and challenges of 21st-century learners while supporting learners with specialized needs in your classroom.
You'll learn how to harness the power of technology to create engaging and interactive lessons that capture your students' attention and keep them focused. With brain-based approaches, we'll show you how to support student engagement and critical accommodations to ensure that specialized learners are included and can participate fully in the learning process.
Through this course, you'll be equipped with practical strategies and techniques that you can apply in your classroom right away, making the most of a tech-infused environment to maximize learning and student success. This course is perfect for adventurous teachers who are ready to step up their game and take their teaching to the next level. Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity to revolutionize your teaching and inspire your students to achieve their full potential!
100% Online & Flexible
Total Time: 5 Hours
- Increase motivation and understanding by building relationships with all learners.
- Cultivate a safe and encouraging environment in which learners with SEN/D can thrive.
- Develop and communicate expectations to best manage a tech-infused classroom.
COMPONENT 2 | Create a Blended Learning Environment
- Understand what blended learning is and how to successfully foster a digital learning environment for students with SEN/D.
- Create an Action Plan.
- Design the learning environment.
- Explore instructional strategies to support specialized learning needs.
COMPONENT 3 | Brain Boosts for Engagement
- Understand the benefits of Brain-Based Learning with students with SEN/D and how to integrate it in your classroom.
- Explore, create, and try brain boosts with:
- Game-based activities
COMPONENT 4 | Accommodate with Digital Tools
- Explore and use a variety of tools to increase student autonomy.
- Discover and practice ways to make learning relevant and purposeful for SEN/D students.
- Utilize tools in your browser to support students and their specialized learning paths.
Meet the Expert:
Meet the Designer:
Alicia Swedberg, M.Ed.
Start immediately and work at your own pace.
Interested in bulk enrollment for your school, district, or organization?
- Join through a site with which you already have an account (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google). This is also referred to as a "single sign-on," or SSO.
- Join by creating an account. Enter the required information and create a password. Then, click “Enroll in friEdOnline” and you're in!
If you used the SSO option (Google button and Google sign-in) to create your friEdOnline account, your login information is not stored in friEdOnline and you will NOT be able to use the “Forgot your password?” function. You will need to try logging in with the Google button.
If you have tried both options, you can email us at [email protected].
Note: if you're changing your email due to the email account being inactive, you can still use the email to log in. However, you'll need to provide an updated email address in order to receive important course links and completion certificates.
2. Make sure you're on the correct course page and use the link in the provided directions. The provided link will automatically apply the promo code.
3. Make sure your total owed is $0.
- Restart your computer. (Simple, we know. But this little step can be an overlooked quick-fix!)
- Clear the cache and cookies in your Chrome browser.
- Turn off your extensions or pop-up blockers.
- If you're using your school-managed G Suite account, contact your district technology staff to ensure no content/ad/pop-up blockers have been installed by your district.
- Make sure Chrome is updated. If you're using another browser, check for updates.
- Try another browser.
- Check your internet connection and strengthen it if possible.
- Try a different device (remember, we suggest monitors over smartphones!).
If you get stuck, you can email us at [email protected]. We'll do our best to respond within 24 hours, Monday through Friday 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST.
- on-demand (completed at your own pace...we love PD in PJs!)
- interactive (you’ll be completing engaging tasks as you move through the course)
- comprehensive (a full range of topic info and approaches are provided)
- asynchronous (not live) learning experiences that you complete when and where you want. You will receive 1-12 hours credit for completing the courses.
If you don't receive the email please check your junk mail. If you have double checked each step, and still don’t get your code, please email us at [email protected].