Stack Your Skills:Schoology Essentials
This comprehensive online course for beginning learners contains everything needed to build a foundational Schoology skill set. You will receive an overview of the robust Learning Management System (LMS) and lessons that cover the essential Schoology features and tools, while providing you with hands-on practice. By the end of Stack Your Skills: Schoology Essentials, your enhanced skills will allow you to work with ease within Schoology.
100% Online & Flexible
Total Time: 3 Hours
- Understand how to navigate the Schoology homepage and interface
- Review Schoology notifications and update your profile
- Create and customize a new course
Make your Move: A Look Inside a Course
- Review course navigation
- Create, edit and manage Schoology Materials
- Add assignments to a course
- Understand how to connect and create assignments through Google Drive or OneDrive
- Explore the built in collaboration tools
Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner! Navigating a Course
- Find and create updates
- Explore the Gradebook
- Create grading categories
- Manage members and co-teachers
- Compare Schoology Courses vs. Groups
- Understand Schoology Accommodations
- Explore additional information and resources within Schoology
The course is followed by a Final Assessment that allows the learner to check their understanding.
Meet the Expert:
Start immediately and work at your own pace.
Interested in bulk enrollment for your school, district, or organization?
- Join through a site with which you already have an account (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google). This is also referred to as a "single sign-on," or SSO.
- Join by creating an account. Enter the required information and create a password. Then, click “Enroll in friEdOnline” and you're in!
If you used the SSO option (Google button and Google sign-in) to create your friEdOnline account, your login information is not stored in friEdOnline and you will NOT be able to use the “Forgot your password?” function. You will need to try logging in with the Google button.
If you have tried both options, you can email us at [email protected].
Note: if you're changing your email due to the email account being inactive, you can still use the email to log in. However, you'll need to provide an updated email address in order to receive important course links and completion certificates.
2. Make sure you're on the correct course page and use the link in the provided directions. The provided link will automatically apply the promo code.
3. Make sure your total owed is $0.
- Restart your computer. (Simple, we know. But this little step can be an overlooked quick-fix!)
- Clear the cache and cookies in your Chrome browser.
- Turn off your extensions or pop-up blockers.
- If you're using your school-managed G Suite account, contact your district technology staff to ensure no content/ad/pop-up blockers have been installed by your district.
- Make sure Chrome is updated. If you're using another browser, check for updates.
- Try another browser.
- Check your internet connection and strengthen it if possible.
- Try a different device (remember, we suggest monitors over smartphones!).
If you get stuck, you can email us at [email protected]. We'll do our best to respond within 24 hours, Monday through Friday 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST.
- on-demand (completed at your own pace...we love PD in PJs!)
- interactive (you’ll be completing engaging tasks as you move through the course)
- comprehensive (a full range of topic info and approaches are provided)
- asynchronous (not live) learning experiences that you complete when and where you want. You will receive 1-12 hours credit for completing the courses.
If you don't receive the email please check your junk mail. If you have double checked each step, and still don’t get your code, please email us at [email protected].
Mississippi educators at NO COST!