Rules of the Game: Schoology Basics
- Understand how to navigate the Schoology homepage and interface
- Review Schoology notifications and update your profile
- Create and customize a new course
Make your Move: A Look Inside a Course
- Review course navigation
- Create, edit and manage Schoology Materials
- Add assignments to a course
- Understand how to connect and create assignments through Google Drive or OneDrive
- Explore the built in collaboration tools
Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner! Navigating a Course
- Find and create updates
- Explore the Gradebook
- Create grading categories
- Manage members and co-teachers
Bonus Round: Stack your Skills
- Compare Schoology Courses vs. Groups
- Understand Schoology Accommodations
- Explore additional information and resources within Schoology
The course is followed by a Final Assessment that allows the learner to check their understanding.
Meet the expert
Shantel’s career began as a High School Theatre Tech Director and Social Studies teacher. Both positions fueled her passion for the Arts and History. She spent the past few years before joining the friEd Team as an Instructional Technology Specialist supporting teachers with their classroom tech needs. She was such an asset to teachers during the recent pandemic when teachers were working in both synchronous and asynchronous environments. Shantel also authored the friEdOnline course, Stack your Skills: Schoology Essentials. She believes most learners, regardless of their age, want to be seen and affirmed for who they are and the positive things they are doing.
Shantel is a Google Level 1 & Level 2 Certified Educator and a Google Certified Trainer. She is also a Microsoft Certified Educator and Newsela Certified Educator.