MS Google Classroom in 5: Year-at-a-Glance
Come with us on a year-long journey as we help you organize and maximize Google Classroom. This hands-on course focuses on Classroom’s essential features and functions through the lens of what each teacher needs during the different parts of a school year - from back to school all the way through summer! Transform the way you use digital documents in your classroom all while staying organized and preparing yourself for the years to come.
In this course you will...
- Explore the Google Classroom Dashboard
- Create a class
- Add students
- Navigate adding co-teachers
- Update settings and appearance of your Classroom
- Create assignments
- Complete and view assignments
- Grade, add comments, and return work
- Discover ways to build relationships using Google Classroom with students and parents
- Connect using Google Meet
- Create end-of-year portfolios
- Turn an existing class into a template
- Organize your Drive and Calendar to prepare for the coming year
- Keep students and staff learning through the summer
- Explore additional resources to take your knowledge to the next level
Meet the expert
Brooke Lowery, M.Ed.
Brooke is an experienced Elementary and Middle School classroom educator and expert digital learning facilitator. She credits her own teaching transformation to the work she’s done with reluctant learners. Finding new ways to reach them influenced Brooke to reshape her classroom into a mixed media learning environment, which eventually led her into working with teachers full time. Brooke strives to help educators create engaging and technology-rich learning experiences for their own classrooms. Brooke has such a natural, approachable style, everyone that has ever met her feels like her best friend!
Brooke is a Google Level 1 & Level 2 Certified Educator and a Google Certified Trainer.
Meet the DESIGNER
Lauren’s career actually started in the graphic design and art direction arena. When she found herself craving a more fulfilling path, she started exploring the world of education and fell in love. As it turns out, great design and great teaching go hand in hand! This became her mission in her classroom as a Google Innovator, and it quickly grew to her district and other schools within the US when we all quickly shifted to distance learning. She is such an asset to the friEdOnline team as a Learning Experience Designer creating useful, engaging asynchronous learning opportunities. Lauren lives with her husband, daughter and her sweet dog in beautiful Colorado!
Lauren is a Google Level 1 & Level 2 Certified Educator, Google Certified Innovator, and a Google Certified Trainer.