Year at a Glance:Google Classroom for Teachers
Come with us on a year-long journey as we help you organize and maximize Google Classroom. This hands-on course focuses on Classroom’s essential features and functions through the lens of what each teacher needs during the different parts of a school year - from back to school all the way through summer! Transform the way you use digital documents in your classroom all while staying organized and preparing yourself for the years to come.
100% Online & Flexible
Total Time: 5 Hours
- Explore the Google Classroom Dashboard
- Create a class
- Add students
- Navigate adding co-teachers
- Update settings and appearance of your Classroom
- Create assignments
- Complete and view assignments
- Grade, add comments, and return work
- Discover ways to build relationships using Google Classroom with students and parents
- Connect using Google Meet
- Create end-of-year portfolios
- Turn an existing class into a template
- Organize your Drive and Calendar to prepare for the coming year
- Keep students and staff learning through the summer
- Explore additional resources to take your knowledge to the next level
Meet the Expert
Brooke Lowery, M.Ed.
Meet the Designer
Start immediately and work at your own pace.
Interested in bulk enrollment for your school, district, or organization?
- Join through a site with which you already have an account (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google). This is also referred to as a "single sign-on," or SSO.
- Join by creating an account. Enter the required information and create a password. Then, click “Enroll in friEdOnline” and you're in!
If you used the SSO option (Google button and Google sign-in) to create your friEdOnline account, your login information is not stored in friEdOnline and you will NOT be able to use the “Forgot your password?” function. You will need to try logging in with the Google button.
If you have tried both options, you can email us at [email protected].
Note: if you're changing your email due to the email account being inactive, you can still use the email to log in. However, you'll need to provide an updated email address in order to receive important course links and completion certificates.
2. Make sure you're on the correct course page and use the link in the provided directions. The provided link will automatically apply the promo code.
3. Make sure your total owed is $0.
- Restart your computer. (Simple, we know. But this little step can be an overlooked quick-fix!)
- Clear the cache and cookies in your Chrome browser.
- Turn off your extensions or pop-up blockers.
- If you're using your school-managed G Suite account, contact your district technology staff to ensure no content/ad/pop-up blockers have been installed by your district.
- Make sure Chrome is updated. If you're using another browser, check for updates.
- Try another browser.
- Check your internet connection and strengthen it if possible.
- Try a different device (remember, we suggest monitors over smartphones!).
If you get stuck, you can email us at [email protected]. We'll do our best to respond within 24 hours, Monday through Friday 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST.
- on-demand (completed at your own pace...we love PD in PJs!)
- interactive (you’ll be completing engaging tasks as you move through the course)
- comprehensive (a full range of topic info and approaches are provided)
- asynchronous (not live) learning experiences that you complete when and where you want. You will receive 1-12 hours credit for completing the courses.
If you don't receive the email please check your junk mail. If you have double checked each step, and still don’t get your code, please email us at [email protected].