MS Chromebook Scavenger Hunt
Join us for a scavenger hunt and explore your Chromebook like never before! Learn how to navigate the ins and outs of this versatile device while completing our hands-on challenges. Along your journey, you will take screenshots, personalize settings, and complete many more tasks as you unlock the Chromebook’s magic. By the end of this course, you will treasure your ease and confidence in preparing yourself and your students for daily success with Chromebooks. As a bonus we have included in a note catcher template for your students to use as they complete their own Chromebook Scavenger Hunt!
100% Online & Flexible
Total Time: 5 Hours
Get Ready for Your Scavenger Hunt
- Chromebook Simulator
- Introduction to Chromebook
- Chromebook Can and Can't Dos
- Guesswork Expedition
- A Touchpad Trek
- Hide and Seek: Caps Lock Edition
- Chromebook Lingo
- Tools Worth Exploring
- Apps Launcher Acquisition
- Shelf Siege
- Snap up the Status Tray
- Camera Quest
- Ransack these Recommendations
- A Photo and Video Pursuit
- Scanning the Field
- Capture the...Screen
- Club Quick Keys
- Ransack these Recommendations
- Shortcut Shakedown
- Desktop Discovery
- The Shortcut Route
- Track the Toolbar
- Touchpad Trade Secrets
- Comb Through Chrome
- Save Savvy
- Operation: Offline Access
- Access Gmail Offline
Chromebooks in the Classroom
- Management Tips
Meet the Expert
Brooke Lowery, M.Ed.
Meet the Designer
Start immediately and work at your own pace.
Interested in bulk enrollment for your school, district, or organization?
- Join through a site with which you already have an account (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google). This is also referred to as a "single sign-on," or SSO.
- Join by creating an account. Enter the required information and create a password. Then, click “Enroll in friEdOnline” and you're in!
If you used the SSO option (Google button and Google sign-in) to create your friEdOnline account, your login information is not stored in friEdOnline and you will NOT be able to use the “Forgot your password?” function. You will need to try logging in with the Google button.
If you have tried both options, you can email us at [email protected].
Note: if you're changing your email due to the email account being inactive, you can still use the email to log in. However, you'll need to provide an updated email address in order to receive important course links and completion certificates.
2. Make sure you're on the correct course page and use the link in the provided directions. The provided link will automatically apply the promo code.
3. Make sure your total owed is $0.
- Restart your computer. (Simple, we know. But this little step can be an overlooked quick-fix!)
- Clear the cache and cookies in your Chrome browser.
- Turn off your extensions or pop-up blockers.
- If you're using your school-managed G Suite account, contact your district technology staff to ensure no content/ad/pop-up blockers have been installed by your district.
- Make sure Chrome is updated. If you're using another browser, check for updates.
- Try another browser.
- Check your internet connection and strengthen it if possible.
- Try a different device (remember, we suggest monitors over smartphones!).
If you get stuck, you can email us at [email protected]. We'll do our best to respond within 24 hours, Monday through Friday 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST.
- on-demand (completed at your own pace...we love PD in PJs!)
- interactive (you’ll be completing engaging tasks as you move through the course)
- comprehensive (a full range of topic info and approaches are provided)
- asynchronous (not live) learning experiences that you complete when and where you want. You will receive 1-12 hours credit for completing the courses.
If you don't receive the email please check your junk mail. If you have double checked each step, and still don’t get your code, please email us at [email protected].