friEd Mixtape: Differentiating Learning for Littles (K-6)
Do you have a classroom of “Littles” at various learning levels begging to use technology? Do you struggle to provide equitable access for young gifted students in your classroom? Save yourself some planning time while upping your teaching game by creating differentiated learning experiences for your K-6 students.
friEdTech has designed the perfect solution for students incorporating self-grading pre-assessments and engaging digital learning activities customizable to meet ALL learners' needs. During this learning journey, you will get a glimpse into classrooms where differentiated playlists have led to teacher and student success. The best part? Throughout the course, you will learn by DOING as you create your own ready-to-use mixtape you can try with your students right away! Prepare to have some fun learning as you begin changing your life as a teacher with friEd Mixtape: Differentiating Learning for Littles.
Upon completion of this course, you will earn 6 hours of credit. We recommend that schools accept this course credit for the 6 hours of G/T maintenance credit; however, you do not need to be G/T certified (or even teach gifted students) to learn and benefit from this course.
100% Online & Flexible
Total Time: 6 Hours
- What is Differentiation?
- Approaches to Differentiation
- Differentiation Strategies
- Playlists, Choice Boards, and the friEd Mixtape
Track 1 | Pre-Assessing with Google Forms: Any Way You Want It
- What is a Pre-assessment?
- Creating an automated Google Form Pre-assessment
- Get to Know Your Students with Google Forms
Track 2 | Creating Mixtapes: Walking on Sunshine with Google Slides
- Exploring a friEd Mixtape
- Creating a friEd Mixtape with Google Slides
Track 3 | Explore by Learning
- Sketchnoting in the classroom
- Increasing your visual vocabulary
- Polaroid Notes
- Creating Self Paced Pear Deck Activities
Bonus Track | Let’s Get Physical with Brain Boosts and Check-Ins
- Exercise Your Mind with Brain Boosts
- Check-In Strategies
Track 4 | Engage by Doing
- Google Slides Drag and Drop Activities
- Game Based Learning vs. Gamification
- Game Based Learning strategies
- Creating GBL experiences with Flippity
- Inquiry Based Learning with Flipgrid
- Understand how to Microcast with Mote
- Practice programming with Google CS First
- Explore animation tools
- Create digital and physical board games
Closing | Don’t Stop Believing
- Tips from Leadership
- Untangling Your Mixtape
- Sharing Your Mixtape
Meet the Expert
Melissa Gomez Summerford, M.Ed.
Meet the Designer
Darryl Legaspi, M.Ed.
Start immediately and work at your own pace.
Interested in bulk enrollment for your school, district, or organization?
- Join through a site with which you already have an account (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google). This is also referred to as a "single sign-on," or SSO.
- Join by creating an account. Enter the required information and create a password. Then, click “Enroll in friEdOnline” and you're in!
If you used the SSO option (Google button and Google sign-in) to create your friEdOnline account, your login information is not stored in friEdOnline and you will NOT be able to use the “Forgot your password?” function. You will need to try logging in with the Google button.
If you have tried both options, you can email us at [email protected].
Note: if you're changing your email due to the email account being inactive, you can still use the email to log in. However, you'll need to provide an updated email address in order to receive important course links and completion certificates.
2. Make sure you're on the correct course page and use the link in the provided directions. The provided link will automatically apply the promo code.
3. Make sure your total owed is $0.
- Restart your computer. (Simple, we know. But this little step can be an overlooked quick-fix!)
- Clear the cache and cookies in your Chrome browser.
- Turn off your extensions or pop-up blockers.
- If you're using your school-managed G Suite account, contact your district technology staff to ensure no content/ad/pop-up blockers have been installed by your district.
- Make sure Chrome is updated. If you're using another browser, check for updates.
- Try another browser.
- Check your internet connection and strengthen it if possible.
- Try a different device (remember, we suggest monitors over smartphones!).
If you get stuck, you can email us at [email protected]. We'll do our best to respond within 24 hours, Monday through Friday 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST.
- on-demand (completed at your own pace...we love PD in PJs!)
- interactive (you’ll be completing engaging tasks as you move through the course)
- comprehensive (a full range of topic info and approaches are provided)
- asynchronous (not live) learning experiences that you complete when and where you want. You will receive 1-12 hours credit for completing the courses.
If you don't receive the email please check your junk mail. If you have double checked each step, and still don’t get your code, please email us at [email protected].
Mississippi educators at NO COST!