Getting the Most from Docs, Slides, & Sheets: Google Educator Plus Edition
Our one-hour course helps educators enhance teaching skills and maximize productivity using Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets. Learn tips and techniques to create dynamic, interactive, and efficient learning experiences. From creating engaging documents and impactful presentations to optimizing data management and analysis, this course will equip you with the skills to maximize the educational benefits of Google Workspace for Education: Plus Edition.
Total time: 1 Hour
After completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the features and benefits of Slides, Docs, and Sheets
- Explore the sharing and privacy features of Slides, Docs, and Sheets
- Create, edit, and format presentations using Slides
- Utilize slide layouts, themes, and templates to enhance presentations
- Customize text, images, shapes, and other media elements in Slides
- Utilize commenting to provide feedback on presentations
- Effectively use transitions and animations in Slides presentations
- Publish and share Slides presentations with others.
- Utilize text styles such as fonts, paragraphs, headings, and lists in Docs
- Insert and format tables, images, hyperlinks, and other media elements in Docs
- Create and format spreadsheets, including adjusting columns, rows, and cell formatting
- Sort, filter, and analyze data using built-in features and formulas in Google Sheets
- Use conditional formatting to enhance data visualization in Sheets
- Generate charts and graphs to represent data effectively in Sheets
Start immediately and work at your own pace.
Interested in bulk enrollment for your school, district, or organization?
- Join through a site with which you already have an account (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google). This is also referred to as a "single sign-on," or SSO.
- Join by creating an account. Enter the required information and create a password. Then, click “Enroll in friEdOnline” and you're in!
If you used the SSO option (Google button and Google sign-in) to create your friEdOnline account, your login information is not stored in friEdOnline and you will NOT be able to use the “Forgot your password?” function. You will need to try logging in with the Google button.
If you have tried both options, you can email us at [email protected].
Note: if you're changing your email due to the email account being inactive, you can still use the email to log in. However, you'll need to provide an updated email address in order to receive important course links and completion certificates.
2. Make sure you're on the correct course page and use the link in the provided directions. The provided link will automatically apply the promo code.
3. Make sure your total owed is $0.
- Restart your computer. (Simple, we know. But this little step can be an overlooked quick-fix!)
- Clear the cache and cookies in your Chrome browser.
- Turn off your extensions or pop-up blockers.
- If you're using your school-managed G Suite account, contact your district technology staff to ensure no content/ad/pop-up blockers have been installed by your district.
- Make sure Chrome is updated. If you're using another browser, check for updates.
- Try another browser.
- Check your internet connection and strengthen it if possible.
- Try a different device (remember, we suggest monitors over smartphones!).
If you get stuck, you can email us at [email protected]. We'll do our best to respond within 24 hours, Monday through Friday 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST.
- on-demand (completed at your own pace...we love PD in PJs!)
- interactive (you’ll be completing engaging tasks as you move through the course)
- comprehensive (a full range of topic info and approaches are provided)
- asynchronous (not live) learning experiences that you complete when and where you want. You will receive 1-12 hours credit for completing the courses.
If you don't receive the email please check your junk mail. If you have double checked each step, and still don’t get your code, please email us at [email protected].