Ctrl+AI+Delight: The Teaching Reboot is Here
Welcome to "Ctrl + AI + Delight: The Teaching Reboot"! We're delighted to have you on this exciting journey where the future of education meets cutting-edge technology. As an educator, you're likely intrigued and cautious about the potential of generative Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the classroom. In this two-hour online course, we'll address your concerns and spark your enthusiasm by immersing you in the world of generative AI. You'll grasp its strengths, understand its limitations, and, most importantly, learn how to seamlessly incorporate it into your teaching practices.
Throughout the course, you'll discover the AIBCs of Generative AI, delve into the current educational AI landscape, compare popular generative AI chatbots, master the art of effective prompting, explore three practical applications of generative AI, and culminate your learning journey with a hands-on project. Get ready to Ctrl + AI + Delight and witness the transformation of your teaching methods with the power of AI. Join us in shaping the future of education and making learning an inspiring and delightful experience for you and your students!
This is a two hour course that is available individually or as part of our six-hour course, AI for All.
100% Online &
Total Time: 2 hours
- The AiBC’s of Generative AI
- Understanding the Potential of AI in Education
- March of the AI Tools
- Guiding the Algorithm: Mastering the Art of Prompting
- Practical Uses for Generative AI
- Project AI
Course Learning Objectives
- Have a solid foundation in artificial intelligence, enabling them to understand the basics of AI and objectively evaluate its pros and cons in educational contexts. They will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to make informed decisions regarding the integration of AI into their teaching and learning processes.
- Be well-versed in the current landscape of AI in education, including its limitations, and have a comprehensive understanding of the pros and cons of generative AI. They will also be proficient in comparing and contrasting popular generative AI chatbots, such as OpenAI ChatGPT, Google Bard, and Microsoft Bing Chat. Additionally, participants will develop the ability to effectively use generative AI through proper prompting techniques, ensuring they can harness the full potential of AI for educational purposes.
- Apply their AI prompting skills to create engaging learning activities. They will put their knowledge into practice, demonstrating the ability to design educational experiences that leverage generative AI tools, thus enabling them to actively engage learners while addressing their specific information needs.
Darryl Legaspi, M.Ed.
Start immediately and work at your own pace.
Interested in bulk enrollment for your school, district, or organization?
- Join through a site with which you already have an account (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google). This is also referred to as a "single sign-on," or SSO.
- Join by creating an account. Enter the required information and create a password. Then, click “Enroll in friEdOnline” and you're in!
If you used the SSO option (Google button and Google sign-in) to create your friEdOnline account, your login information is not stored in friEdOnline and you will NOT be able to use the “Forgot your password?” function. You will need to try logging in with the Google button.
If you have tried both options, you can email us at [email protected].
Note: if you're changing your email due to the email account being inactive, you can still use the email to log in. However, you'll need to provide an updated email address in order to receive important course links and completion certificates.
2. Make sure you're on the correct course page and use the link in the provided directions. The provided link will automatically apply the promo code.
3. Make sure your total owed is $0.
- Restart your computer. (Simple, we know. But this little step can be an overlooked quick-fix!)
- Clear the cache and cookies in your Chrome browser.
- Turn off your extensions or pop-up blockers.
- If you're using your school-managed G Suite account, contact your district technology staff to ensure no content/ad/pop-up blockers have been installed by your district.
- Make sure Chrome is updated. If you're using another browser, check for updates.
- Try another browser.
- Check your internet connection and strengthen it if possible.
- Try a different device (remember, we suggest monitors over smartphones!).
If you get stuck, you can email us at [email protected]. We'll do our best to respond within 24 hours, Monday through Friday 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST.
- on-demand (completed at your own pace...we love PD in PJs!)
- interactive (you’ll be completing engaging tasks as you move through the course)
- comprehensive (a full range of topic info and approaches are provided)
- asynchronous (not live) learning experiences that you complete when and where you want. You will receive 1-12 hours credit for completing the courses.
If you don't receive the email please check your junk mail. If you have double checked each step, and still don’t get your code, please email us at [email protected].